2nd Virtual International
Client Counselling Competition
19th Jan 2024 - 21st Jan 2024
Objective of Competition
The Competition is aimed at promoting greater knowledge and practical skills among student advocates in the preventive law and counselling functions of law practice. It will encourage students in developing interviewing, planning, and analytical skills in the lawyer-client relationship in the law office. Interviewing and advising are a significant part of most lawyers’ work.
Benefits of Participating
Networking Opportunities with judges and peers
Competition is focused on overall growth of participants.
Opportunity to learn skills of lifetime and Concentrated on development of money making skills of a lawyers.
Compete among your peers and obtain invaluable feedback from the judges.
Last date to register your team- 13th January 2024
Release of Simulation Problem – 16th January 2024
Preliminary Round – 19th January 2024
Quarter Final – 20th January 2024
Semi Final – 21st January 2024
Final – 21st January 2024
To be eligible to sign up, students must be registered as full time or part time law students in the academic year of 2023-2024. Students who graduated in 2023, before the competition but no longer than 6 months prior to the commencement of the competition are still eligible to participate.
Each team shall register to the competition by filling in their details in the following link.
After successful Final registration, the OC shall respond to each registered team before 1 month of the commencement of the competition, with a unique team code, which shall be used to identify the teams during the competition.
Format of Competition
- One teammate will play role of client and other will play role of counsel.
- Each team will get one opportunity to represent them in the Preliminary Round.
- Both the teammates, will be present in different rooms, serving different roles; that is client and counsel.
- Each session would have 2 counsel (from different teams) and 2 clients (from different teams).
- Clients would get entry into the virtual room, prior to the counsels, to discuss their roles among them.
- Counsel and Client will qualify on their individual scores and not on total team score.
Participation in the Competition is on the first come first serve basis.